Stump Grinding Info and Pricing
What is stump grinding?:
Removal of your stump by using high-powered equipment to grind it into mulch.
VGSG can grind down to 16 inches below the surface, completely removing the underground portion of the stump. Many rental grinders cannot do this.
- Roots are also ground to help level land and remove dead material from the yard.
Steps for stump grinding:
Our prices are some of the best in town. The cost is calculated based on the width of the stump where it meets the ground, number of stumps, depth of grind, and complexity of access. To get the best price:
1. Cut your stump down to 10 inches or shorter. If you are unable to cut your stump down, we are happy to include this in your quote.
2. Consider a “skim grind”. We are able to grind the entire underground portion of the stump, However, if you are not building or replanting, but simply want to “flatten” your stump, we can save you money by only grinding the top portion of your stump. However, this does provide an opportunity for fungus to grow on the remaining portion. We are happy to talk you through the details of this option if you are interested.
3. We offer special rates for jobs with large amounts of stumps. We have done jobs with over 1,500 stumps on one piece of property! We are happy to offer discounts for “bulk” jobs.
4. Elderly, first-responders, and military personnel receive a 5% discount.
Why grind your stumps?
Value, preservation, and simplification!
There are several reasons you should remove your stumps. First stumps are unsightly and decrease the value of your property and the nearby properties. Real estate agents will tell you that one of the best ways to increase the value of your home is through removing stumps. The cost of removal will almost always return to you in the increased value of your home. And your neighbors will thank you!
Stumps are not only unattractive, they can also cause damage. Leaving stumps in your yard can cause several problems. First, fungus such as mushrooms can grow on the dead stumps and roots and become invasive in your yard. Additionally, roots can strangulate utility lines or grow under your structures and cause damage. Lastly, stumps and their roots will keep you from being able to develop your property as you like whether it is for building, landscaping, or agriculture. Removing stumps protects your yard and home.
Furthermore, stumps are a headache. Having stumps in your yard makes mowing and land maintenance very difficult. Removing stumps allows easy access for all your machines and tools.
Clearly, it is worthwhile to get your stumps removed. VGSG can get the job done. Request a quote today!
Why hire out the work?
Many people try to remove stumps on their own, only to wish they would have hired someone! Stumps typically cannot be removed without renting specialized equipment like high powered chainsaws, grinders, or excavators. Renting the right equipment can be a headache and require multiple trips to and from equipment rental companies. The cost of this can easily be more than what we will charge you to do the same job.
Then, many people who are untrained at running these tools do damage to their property or injure themselves. Many unskilled people can break their utility lines, resulting in tens of thousands of dollars in damage. Grinders, chainsaws, and excavators are dangerous machines for those who are untrained.
Lastly, removing stumps on your own is very time consuming and back breaking work. Many people spend several frustrating days or weeks trying to remove stubborn stumps on their own. Hiring the job out can save you valuable time and spare you significant hassle.
Clearly, removing stumps is a specialized process that is best done by a professional. VGSG has the equipment and experience needed. Save yourself a headache and call us!